In January 2022, we upgraded our Trip Tools on the trimet.org homepage with an interactive map and new features that make it easier to get around on transit.
The new site features map-based versions of the agency’s popular Trip Planner and TransitTracker, as well as interactive Route Maps. Riders can use the site to quickly and easily plan trips, get real-time arrival countdowns, check for delays or disruptions, and see routes, stops and vehicle locations on a map. The new site is optimized for viewing on a phone (where it functions much like a smartphone app) but it can be accessed on any desktop computer, tablet or phone with a modern web browser.
Tip: You can easily add a shortcut to trimet.org on your phone’s home screen, so you can quickly access our Trip Tools on-the-go.
Here are some of the new features you'll see at trimet.org:
- See buses and trains near you: Instantly see next arrivals at nearby stops on a map, based on your current location (when using your phone).
- Real-time vehicle locations: See where any bus or train is on the map, and follow it as it moves along its route.
- “Look ahead” on a vehicle’s route: Tap or click on any vehicle to see where it’s headed and where it stops.
- Save your favorites: Flag your most-used lines, stops and stations for easy access.
- Get better search results: Quickly find places by name or address. Enter any business name, landmark, address, intersection, stop or Stop ID.