Common Questions About TriMet
Riding Buses and Trains
- What is TriMet's new FX service?
- Types of buses and trains
- Riding the bus
- Riding MAX
- Riding WES
- Riding LIFT
Fares and How to Pay
- What is Hop? Do I need a Hop card to ride?
- Is there a reduced fare available for people who qualify based on age, income or disability?
- How much does it cost to ride?
- How do passes work with Hop? Can I buy a day, week or month pass?
- Ways to pay for your trip
- Paying your fare with your phone
- Ways to plan a trip on TriMet
- Planning a trip using the trimet.org Trip Planner
- Getting real-time arrival information
- Viewing real-time locations of buses and trains
- Saving your favorites
- Subscribing to email/SMS Service Alerts
About the New trimet.org
- What's new at trimet.org?
- Adding a trimet.org shortcut on your phone’s home screen
- I have a suggestion or feature request. How do I submit it?
- The Trip Itinerary I got from trimet.org contains confusing or inaccurate directions. How do I report it?
- The TransitTracker countdown was wrong, or tracking isn’t working right. How do I report it?
- I typed something in the Search box but it didn’t show up in the results. How do I report it?
Security & Safety
- Does TriMet work with ICE?
- How do I contact the MAX operator?
- How do I report graffiti or vandalism?
- How do I report a non-urgent safety or security concern?
- What if there’s an emergency or unsafe situation on board?
- What are the top safety tips for TriMet riders?
- What to do when an elevator is out of service
- I lost something on board or at the stop/station
- There wasn’t room for my bike on the bus/MAX
- Why do MAX and WES slow down in hot weather?
- The bus/train drove past me without stopping
- The bus/train left early